Naval Architect (junior/medior/senior)
An Engineer at Navali is the driving force behind our clients’ ship designs. Will you design our customers’ next ship, platform or semi-submersible?
As a Naval Architect you are responsible for the development of construction plans of the hull, scantling calculations according to the class rules and FEM structural analysis of a ship structure. Make stability calculations of new and existing ships with stability programs like Maxsurf/Hydromax, Delftship, GHS or NAPA. You evaluate necessary modifications of a ship in case of new utilization of the ship and you execute naval architectural calculations of existing ships for a case of a heavy lift operation or other unique operations. You are capable of working with different software such as ANSYS, FEMAP and Rhino or any other 3D modeling software. Other responsibilities are:
- Designing ships and Semi Submersible Rigs, using 3D and/or physical models to ensure the ship’s design is technically feasible and that it complies with safety regulations;
- Planning the whole building process of a vessel, managing everything from concept through to delivery of the final product;
- Acting as a consultant – providing clients with engineering solutions, technical and commercial guidance, support and project management for concept design studies, new vessel constructions, refits and conversions;
- Risk analysis of ships and marine structures, using the regulations of classification societies to assess aspects of design such as strength, stability and lifesaving.
- Completed Education at a Technical University in Engineering or comparable;
- At least 1-10 years of experience as a Naval Architect;
- Good English communication skills, both verbal and in written (preferably also in Dutch).
- Extensive experience in designing and making stability calculations for ships;
- Knowledge of the rules of classification bureaus;
- Flexible, active and a real team player;
- Experience/ familiar with AutoCAD, Microstation, Rhino, Nupas Cadmatic, ANSYS/ FEMAP, Maxsurf/Hydromax, Delftship, GHS or NAPA is an advantage.
- Excellent remuneration package including numerous interesting advantages;
- Challenging position with corresponding responsibilities;
- Engaging international working environment;
- Wide range of career opportunities, personal and professional growth.