Piping Design Engineer (junior/medior/senior)
An Engineer at Navali is the driving force behind our clients’ ship designs. Will you design the piping of our customers’ next ship, platform or semi-submersible?
As a Piping Design Engineer you are responsible for setting up the equipment and piping layout of ships, platforms or semi-submersibles. As a designer you are not only responsible for setting up the PDMS model, you are also responsible for the designing of all plotplans and piping arrangement drawings. Safety and ergonomics will be of the essence in the design. You work independently within a team of professionals and constantly communicating with the rest of the project team about your work. For this position a (high) level of knowledge on ships, platforms and semi-submersibles related equipment is required. Other responsibilities are:
- Setting up 3D PDMS models;
- Administrating PDMS models;
- You have PDMS administrator experience;
- Working together with other disciplines to set up overall lay out;
- Taking part in safety and design reviews;
- Setting up piping and equipment lay-outs.
As a Piping Designer Engineer, you should feel at home working in an international environment and adopted a hands-on approach. You should be proactive, have a down to earth mentality and good communication skills. In general, we prefer candidates with passion for their profession and with ambition to contribute to further develop the organization; team players with creative personalities.
- MTS+ (Bachelor) or proven equivalent work experience;
- At least 1-10 years of experience as a Piping Design Engineer;
- Experience with international design codes (E.g. NORSOK, DNV, API, BS) and PDMS administrator experience;
- AutoCad 2&3D experience;
- NUPAS CADMATIC
- Interdisciplinary focus/skilled;
- Good English communication skills, both verbal and in written(, preferably also in Dutch).
- Excellent remuneration package including numerous interesting advantages;
- Challenging position with corresponding responsibilities;
- Engaging international working environment;
- Wide range of career opportunities, personal and professional growth.